The Larder West Lothian
Charity registered in Scotland SC042554
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Friday (evenings and weekend may be required)
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 to £8.21 depending on age
About The Larder West Lothian
The Larder West Lothian is an exciting, fast growing social enterprise serving food from community settings and training those furthest from the job market for the hospitality sector.
The Larder operates a cook school and 4 cafes across West Lothian where we provide access to good quality food at affordable prices for the whole community whilst providing hospitality training places for schools and Skills Development Scotland.
A vacancy has arisen in our team for the post of Café/Kitchen Assistant; you will be part of a team at the forefront of this successful social enterprise whose ultimate goal is to offer our customers an exceptional service.
So What’s It All About..
Due to the nature of our industry, no two days are ever the same. It’s a committed role full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that make it so rewarding.
As a regular face of the company you must be reliable, enthusiastic and capable of positive customer interaction in our cafes. No experience is required for the role and all aspects of training will be provided.
Who Are You?
You will be someone who is great with communication skills, having a friendly and engaging personality and comfortable working with members of the public. You will get to know your customers and be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services. You will remain consistent with our company ethos and community focus and have a positive attitude to working, wiling to learn and work under own initiative. Time keeping and reliability are essential requirements.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Assist in the preparation of our café counters before, during and at the end of
• Serving customers at the counter and table waiting, making espresso coffees
and teas, recommending products and menu selection to ensure a positive
experience and repeat business
• Keep upto date with special promotions and creating displays
• Operating the till and handling cash/card transactions
• Keeping the areas clean and tidy and clearing tables
• Follow food safety procedures and keep records up to date.
• Undertake all cleaning rotas in the kitchen and related areas
• Stock control
• Prepare for courses/events ensuring all ingredients and necessary equipment are
• Assist with general kitchen duties under the direction of the Chef
• Any other ad hoc duties as required by our fantastic Chefs and management team
And what do we offer in return?
• A relaxed and welcoming working environment with guidance and support from
• Pension Scheme
• An opportunity to progress your career
You must be reliable, enthusiastic and capable of positive customer interaction in our cafes. Time keeping and reliability are essential requirements. No experience is required for the role and all aspects of training will be provided.