CheckIn Works and Giraffe Trading
Charity registered in Scotland SC041642
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesWe believe everyone has the right to work. Our key purpose is to tackle the social alienation and inequalities faced by those experiencing a range of significant barriers, through the provision of supportive training and employment placements within a variety of social businesses. We offer socially inclusive work and learning related support to over 60 individuals per year. Our clients are often young people who experience learning and physical disabilities, enduring mental health issues and sensory impairments. We seek to challenge oppressive stereotypes about people with protected characteristics who often experience loneliness and exclusion from the social and economic community they live in. Our passion lies within inspiring people to achieve new and sustainable personal and work goals. To achieve this, we recruit and train local support volunteers to provide critically important 1-to-1 and group support in our enterprise settings alongside our staff trainers.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Site open Mon - Friday from 8-5. Shifts would cover busy times or gaps in staffing. We try to vary the hours so that the candidiate is given two consecutive days off where possible.
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- times to be agreed with supervision
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 to £8.21, depending on age
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.- Interacting with customers, including waiting on the tables in the cafe, taking orders, etc
- Make sure a high level of cleanliness is maintained at all times and that you regularly assist to inspect supplies, equipment, work areas and front of house for cleanliness and functionality.
- Assist in the ordering and inventory of cafe items and catering supplies.
- Ensure the volunteers and trainees know their responsibilities and help to support the Manager/supervisor in their role.
- Interacting in a busy team and and helping to break down tasks to include all trainees, volunteers and staff.
- To assist when required in the preperation and delivery of outside catering orders or community meals and lunchclubs.
- To ensure good personal time management - a commitment to attend during agreed working hours essential.
- Responsible use of internal transfers, wastage and petty cash as required.
- Ensure daily and weekly task sheet is completed.
- Help to support training where possible.
Friendly, patient person
An eye for detail and a passion for cooking and food
Be a willing team member and contribute to effective team working
Be prepared to ask questions and seek help from other staff, volunteers and trainees (you will be given support during your induction period)
Be able to promote and demonstrate at all times the principles of equality and diversity in the workplace.
Be polite and respectful to all the team - as we will be to you.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership