Aims & objectivesTo inspire young people aged 12-25 to fulfil their short and long-term life goals through our support and to help them realise that the world is full of possibilities that are achievable by them regardless of their social and economic circumstances, by using all appropriate methods to inspire, capture and ignite young people's imagination and vision. -To promote the advancement of education through encouraging young people to gain, develop and effectively use their skills to get into employment and/or training. -To support and advise on the advancement of citizenship or community development by offering volunteering opportunities and developing an intergenerational project. While empowering young people to work together to improve their life skills and prevent social exclusion. -To provide provision of recreational facilities and the organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended, through to act as a foundation within the local community for young people to engage in positive, informal and educational activities. Also providing advice and support to young people experiencing the difficulties of living independently.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 to £8.21 depending on age
Main Duties and responsibilities
• To provide reception and admin support to Youth Impact
• To promote Youth Impact with young people and the wider community
• Organise youth work activities out with school hours
• Facilitate daily drop-in’s and plan & deliver sessions at themed drop-in’s
• To work as a team alongside other staff and volunteers
• To be accountable to the Project Managers
• To undertake administrative duties and submit written work reports as required
• To undertake all relevant and available training
• To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Guidelines & Child Protection policies
• To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be required by the Project Managers, Committee Members and volunteers.
The following skills are essential; good communication, good computer knowledge and the ability to work in a team, under instruction and using own initiative.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership