Beith Community Development Trust
Charity registered in Scotland SC043155
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo advance health and well-being, and increase community participation in sport and physical activity, by providing local access (either free of cost or at reduced cost) to a varied range of opportunities, both formal and informal.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 5/7 days but will be required to work weekends when required
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 to £8.21 depending on age
To help deliver play activities for children attending Beith Trust events.
*set up play areas, materials and equipment,
*engage and interact with children
*talk to children about their concerns and worries
*give out refreshments e.g. soup, burgers, noodles etc.
*deal with any injuries and emergencies
*build relationships with parents, carers and professionals
*record keeping of participants etc.
• Experience of work/play with children of primary age.
• Willingness to undertake training in playwork skills.
• Interest in the play and emotional needs of children aged between 5 and 11 years of age.
• Awareness of what constitutes 'good quality childcare'.
• Interest in planning play, arts and sports activities for children of primary age.
• Ability to provide warm and consistent care to all children attending activities.
• Understanding of health and safety issues that affect the day to day running of childcare services.
• Experience of working as part of a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ensure that strict data protection and confidentiality procedures are followed at all times.
Additional informationTraining will be provided in First Aid, Community Sports leadership Award, Child Protection and REHIS Food Hygiene. The PVG is paid by Beith Trust
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership