Midlothian Advice & Resource Centre
Charity registered in Scotland SC009769
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesMARC aims to further education and training of unemployed persons by providing them with the opportunity for voluntary work, and to relieve poverty and social distress caused by a lack of income or unemployment by means of: (a) Offering information, advice and counselling to meet specific needs of the unemployed; (b) Helping, advising and co-operating with organisations outwith the Midlothian area, in the setting up of other similar projects; (c) Collection and dissemination of information for the purposes of encouraging more sustainable waste manager practices. MARC currently run a furniture recycling project, providing low cost furniture for residents in the local community and surrounding areas, and also recycle electrical goods and PCs.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Mon-Fri 9-2.30
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
Job Title: Sales Assistant
Responsible to: CEO
Line Manager: Manager
Assist the manager in all aspects of
MARC retail outlets.
Staff and Volunteers
• Assist the manager in supervising and recruiting volunteers
• To liaise with staff, volunteers and other agencies as appropriate
• Assist in Overseeing the efficient operations of the shop
• Assist in Complying with safe working practices in accordance with Health & Safety.
• To contribute to the selling and marketing of (and in ) the shop
• To contribute to the reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the services.
• To assist in the moving and handling and effective display of all items of furniture.
• Any other duties required by the Shop Manager.
• To administer the shop including deliveries and collections and all the necessary financial record keeping, including use of electronic till and administration of our Community Care Grant Scheme
Some heavy Lifting involved