Charity registered in Scotland SC029045
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesSTRiVE is the lead partner in Voluntary Action East Lothian the Third Sector Interface (TSI) for East Lothian. We provide support, learning and development opportunities for both individuals and organisations through our Volunteering, Organisational Support, Youth, Adventure and Wellbeing teams. Interfaces were created: To provide a single point of access for support and advice for the third sector within their local area. To ensure that the third sector is effectively supported and represented at the local level. They have one mission at their heart: to build empowered, resilient communities with a thriving third sector. We promote and encourage informal learning, leadership development and community capacity building across our services. Our themed forums and networks facilitate third sector participation and representation in local community planning.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Thursday
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 per hour depending on age
1. To work under supervision in multiple settings to develop confidence, resilience and skills for employment.
2. Work manually with outdoor equipment and tools to enhance East Lothian’s environment and assist delivering outdoor learning to young people.
3. Uphold standards within the agency by adhering to all policies and procedures
4. Attend out of working hours activities as necessary, e.g. training, staff meetings, expeditions and residentials
The post will
• Be based at STRiVE’s premises in Tranent, but will involve travel to other areas of East Lothian.
• Work closely with all other STRiVE Projects.
• Offer support, supervision, professional and personal development, and appraisal.
• Comply with STRiVE policies and procedures, with specific reference to Health and Safety and Child Protection
Person specificationNot supplied
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership