West Lothian Youth Foundation
Charity registered in Scotland SC042721
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Five out of Seven days with the majority of hours completed in the late afternoon and evening. Weekend work also essential.
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 depending on age
Main purpose of the role:
To act as one of the main point of contact for visitors and callers to West Lothian Youth Foundation’s main office and Community Hub and to ensure the stadium facilities are managed correctly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as first contact for all Community Hub visitors, dealing with personal and telephone bookings and enquiries. Relaying messages where applicable. This could include cash handling and completion of appropriate paperwork.
- Whilst working with other team members, ensure the smooth running of the facility during its opening hours.
- Assist the General Manager and Co-Ordinator as required in the marketing of the facilities of the Foundation.
- Set up / Take Down of Sports Equipment as required
- Basic maintenance of the sporting facilities (3G pitches) including litter removal and daily maintenance routines. , i.e. cleaning duties of the leisure facility, including changing rooms, toilets and external areas.
- Ensure that the safety and behaviour of the public is controlled to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities.
- Provide first-aid cover, full training will be provided if required, and ensuring that the appropriate documentation is completed
- Assist with secondary sale opportunities through the promotion of all of the Foundations activities.
- Undertake all tasks according to the Health and Safety guidelines. Full training will be provided for these specific tasks.
- Act as general assistant to other facilities staff, if required.
- Support good communication practises while on duty.
- Aid in site security with your fellow team members which could include opening / closing the facility and issue of keys.
- Ensure the correct clothing and ID Badge are worn at all times.
- Attend and maintain any relevant training / qualifications as requested by Foundation Management.
- Work and adhere to all West Lothian Youth Foundation Policies and Procedures relating to facility operation.
- Supporting and adhering to West Lothian Youth Foundations Lettings Policy.
With the support and guidance of senior Foundation team members the role holder will also:
- Provide support to the General Manager and all other members of the Senior Management Team and contribute in other ways to the effective functioning of WLYF as required.
- Contribute to team-wide communications and knowledge management, and participate in organisation-wide events and discussions on related topics/projects.
At WLYF, we believe talented people are crucial to the success of our work. We believe all individuals are talented and success comes in matching the right talents to the right roles. For this role, the skills, qualifications and experience listed below are important, but we believe that to be great in this job you are likely, first and foremost, to have a talent for understanding of and commitment to quality customer care and service provision with the willingness and ability to follow job roles and responsibilities to a high standard.
This is what we will be looking for above all else.
We also strive to provide excellent support to our employees and will work closely with each individual to develop and grow not only their current skills sets but also new ones.
It is a requirement of this post that the successful applicant will be able to work irregular hours.
- Computer literate, with keyboard skills and a basic knowledge of how to use office equipment i.e. printers and photocopiers etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Good written skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team.
- Smart and presentable appearance.
- Drive and ability to work to a high standard.
- Reliable with excellent time keeping and time management skills, able to organise and to take initiative.
- Commitment to personal learning and development.
- Flexible attitude - willingness to work unsociable hours, evenings and weekends (as and when required).
- A commitment to upholding WLYF’s values, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Appropriate Sports Qualification
- Previous experience in the leisure industry or working in a customer orientated environment.
Additional informationOur organisation will provide a wide range of in house and external training which will support the successful candidate with their long term employability aspirations.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership