Instant Neighbour Aberdeen
Charity registered in Scotland SC002223
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesThe Instant Neighbour Charity was set up in 1984 with a remit to provide work for young unemployed people. It aims to give practical help, advice, and emotional support, to some of the poorest and vulnerable people in Aberdeen. Over the years the Charity has constantly evolved and expanded its services to meet the needs of its clients, and now provides a one-stop-shop bringing all its projects together under one roof, including a drop-in centre with excellent play facilities, interview room, storage, and office facilities.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Tuesday - Friday
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 per hour depending on age
Retail Sales Operative Job Reports to:
Summary of Overall Job Purpose:
Your main task as Retail Sales Operative is to ensure that customers have an enjoyable shopping experience and spend lots of cash so the business can keep going.
Work closely with those in management positions to ensure effective and efficient use of all Instant Neighbour resources.
• Assist with managing volunteer retail staff, including cashiers and people working on the floor.
• Be involved in stock control and management.
• Ensure that all stock is added to the inventory and maintain same.
• Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
• Work on store displays Identify current and future trends that appeal to consumers.
• Ensure merchandise is clean and ready to be displayed.
• Maintain the housekeeping standards in the selling space at all times.
• Reporting discrepancies and problems to the Sales Manager.
• Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
• Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
• Balancing cash registers with receipts.
• Handle customer questions, complaints, and issues.
• Maintain store's cleanliness and health and safety measures.
• Working within Revolve guidelines
• Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
• Responsible for utilising van delivery scheduling system.
• Utilise information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning.
• Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• The employee is responsible for both his or her own safety and for the safety of others.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment
• Apply Instant Neighbour’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems
1) ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
• Ensure that all waste paper is recycled
• Encourage a proactive attitude to reducing waste and protection of the environment.
• Office supply purchasing must be done to encourage waste awareness e.g. long life light bulbs, recycled toilet paper
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOB
• To perform any duties as requested that are reasonable and achievable by the jobholder.
• Continuous personal development is desirable and will be supported
• The sharing of interdepartmental knowledge will be actively encouraged
Person specificationNot supplied