- Year of publication
Second year's analysis of UK Gov gender pay gap data, comparing the Scottish third sector against
- Scottish public and private sectors
- UK third sector
- 53 qualifying Scottish charities were analysed, employing a total of 35,508 staff.
- Scottish charities are continuing to lead the way on equal pay.
- The mean pay gap for Scottish charities is 4.2%, smaller than the UK charities pay gap of 7.9% in favour of men.
- Both the mean and median pay gaps of Scottish charities are significantly below that of the other Scottish sectors, which have a mean gap of 13.7% and a median gap of 10.4%.
- 66% of the largest Scottish charities are still paying men more than women - this is an improvement on 2017's 71%, but still large for a sector where women outnumber men more than 2:1.