Bud and Poppyscotland Learning
Poppyscotland Learning provides online learning resources for schools and youth organisations, highlighting the importance of remembrance, veterans and the poppy.
Bud is Poppyscotland’s vehicle for exploration and learning, a truck that transforms into a mini poppy factory, micro-museum and with interactive learning opportunities. Bud is free-to-access and accessible-to-all.
Bud encourages visitors to create their personal remembrance journey through exploring the exhibits. It is helping us keep remembrance relevant all year round.
Schools/Events can Book Bud, Poppybud.org.uk for no cost.
Poppyscotland are keen to offer volunteers the opportunity to volunteer on board Bud, this could be at a local school or at a major event anywhere in Scotland.
We are offering an engaging training opportunity as part of this to allow volunteers to;
- Talk with confidence about exhibits on BUD
- Show visitors how to interact with each of the exhibits on BUD
- Describe how the poppy became a symbol of remembrance
- Describe how the work of Poppyscotland supports veterans and those serving
- Use your own reflections and information on board BUD to encourage discussion about conflict and what it means to others
- Demonstrate good volunteer care to others visiting BUD, facilitating an experience that is inclusive, safe, knowledgeable and inspiring
Stand number: 112